First two weeks Birth Control pills controls your estrogen. On day 14, they introduce progesterone. We know the cycle the fourth week is a blank. But what you may not know is the synthetic hormones that you are ingesting is sending signals to your ovaries and the pituitary gland to turn off your organic estrogen and progesterone, (we don’t need you guys anymore). But these new guys are so strong they flood our bodies with high doses of artificial estrogen and progesterone leading our own production of natural hormones to turn off, preventing ovulation and thinning the uterine lining. This can lead to a hormonal imbalance such as estrogen dominance. So, they get stuck sedentary while you’re still producing them because your liver is not able synthesize both artificial and natural so estrogen is either converted back to androgen or it goes to other fatty tissues.
After Birth control, your hormones begin to ravage, desperately trying free its blockage. Hormones that haven’t been working for 2 or more years and now that you decide you don’t want to take birth control any more, you come off. Now, freeing these hormones won’t be easy so you will not see a regular menstrual cycle. You will feel blotchy, not so willing to do what’s asked, or moody because your hormones control your inner sensory divine awareness. Your mood and consciousness is clouded by unexplained uses of behavior which may cause burst outs, crying, rage, over clinginess. So, lets see what going on inside
How birth control pills rob us of our health…
- Birth control pills deplete selenium, zinc and the amino acid tyrosine from our bodies. These are all vitamins and minerals that are necessary for proper thyroid function! Thyroid conditions affect 1 in 5 women at some point in life and are responsible for weight gain, depression and heart disease.
- The hormones in birth control pills suppress our own body’s production of estrogen and progesterone through a negative feedback loop mechanism.
- Birth control pills increase the risk of blood clots and strokes. The risk greatly increases after age 35 and for women who smoke.
- Birth control pills can thin our bones leading to osteoporosis.
- Oral contraceptives, which stimulate pseudo pregnancy simulate a shift from the Th1 to the Th2 Immune Branch. This can produce an imbalance of the immune system perpetuating autoimmune conditions.
- Birth control pills can change our normal flora, allowing yeast and other pathogenic organisms to thrive.
- Women who take birth control pills have an altered preference to mates.
- Birth control pills increase the risk of breast, ovarian and liver cancers.
- Birth control pills impair our ability to build muscle despite exercise.
- Birth control pills can also decrease sexual desire by suppressing testosterone (Yes women produce small amounts of testosterone too).
- High dose estrogen contained in birth control pills increases the activity of TBG (Thyroxine Binding Globulin). TGB binds thyroid hormone. More circulating TGB leads to lower levels of free thyroid hormone available for use by our body.
- Many oral contraceptives contain lactose as an inactive filler. This may be an issue for many individuals with food intolerances and for women with Hashimoto’s who often present with dairy and gluten intolerance issues.
- Birth control pills lower our DHEA production. DHEA has been described as an anti-aging hormone. Many conditions, including autoimmune conditions have been associated with low DHEA.
- Birth control pills deplete our bodies of folic acid, B12 and B6 vitamins. A deficiency in any of these may result in anemia, birth defects, depression and other serious conditions….
Now you’ve been taking the Pill and it has been your source of hormones to control pregnancy. Progesterone, which means Pro Gestation is also the hormone responsible in making estrogen, testosterone and adrenaline.
Every month the corpus leutum must form to ensure she has proper amounts of progesterone but with birth control in the bloodstream, artificial estrogen has the tendency to become dominant and over stimulate the follicle. These follicles when overstimulated causes inflammation and over time can grow follicular cysts. This is how ovarian cysts and PCOS is formed.
Ladies think twice before you take Birth Control. You can learn your 28 day menstrual cycle and limit your sexual activity to the preovulatory phase as your natural contraceptive.
Birth Control is Dangerous!